I created this look for a competition by Makeuptalk.com/Sugarpill Cosmetics. For the competition I had to create a look inspired by something that reminds me of a colorful winter wonderland! For me, the most beautiful thing I know about the winter months, is the sparkly, magical night sky, filled with gorgeous stars! 😀 That’s mainly what inspired me to do this look. The other thing is the imagination of Santa Claus crossing this winter sky, at night.
As you can see I used the colors red, black and white on my eyes, which represents Santa Claus. I aslo wanted the lips to match with that. To add some sparkle to the look I used glitter to create the stars. I thought that since the theme was a colorful winter wonderland, the stars could be in many different, Christmassy colors!
Products I used:
- Too Faced – Shadow Insurance
- NYX – Jumbo eye pencil in Milk
- Too Faced – Naked eye kit (Stiletto)
- Sugarpill – Pressed eyeshadow in Love +
- Sugarpill – Pressed eyeshadow in Tako
- NYX – Box of eyeshadows, 112 colors
- NYX – Glitterati Glittercream palette
- Viva la Diva – Glitter liner in Silver
- NYX – Glitter on the go in Summer Breeze
- NYX – Glitter on the go in Disco Ball
- NYX – Glitter on the go in Royal Purple
- NYX – Glitter on the go in Glam Gold
- LA Splash – Glitter splash in Algae Dust
- L’Oreal – Super Liner
- L’Oreal – Volume million lashes mascara
- Barry M – Super soft eye crayon
- False eyelashes from ebay
- Makeup Mekka – Retexturizing Face Primer SPF20
- Makeup Mekka – Mineral Photo Touch™ HD Foundation in Cream Beige
- Maybelline – Mineral powder foundation
- Maybelline – Dream mousse concealer
- Makeup Mekka – Mineral Bronzer Duo in Brazilian Bronze
- Makeup Mekka – Mineral Matte Blush in Rose Bud
- Makeup Mekka – Mineral Photo Touch™ Concealer
- Sugarpill – Pressed eyeshadow in Tako (highlight)
- Gosh – Velvet Touch lipliner in Simply Red
- L’Oreal – Color Riche 297 in Red Passion
- Start off by applying a primer to your forhead
- Apply foundation over it
- Conceal any areas you feel like concealing
- Set the foundation with a powder
- Apply a primer to your lid and up to your brow.
- Cover the lid with a red eyeshadow and bring it a little bit higher up than your crease
- Cut the crease with a black colored eyeshadow
- From each side of the eye, create a soft line with a grey eyeshadow, up to the hairline. This is to outline where you want the black “sky” to go.
- Place stickers of stars in many different sizes in between these two grey lines.
- Follow the grey line on the outside of the eye, with a black eyeshadow and fill in the space where the stars are, with the same color.
- Use a grey eyeshadow to blend the black toward the inner part of the forhead, to create a smooth transition to the skin color.
- Remove the stickers and fill in the empty space with a white pencil liner, using a small, pointed brush.
- Apply a glitterbase over the white.
- Then, with a small, angled brush use loose glitter in different colors and apply it over the glitterbase. Now, you should have some beautiful, sparkly stars
- Apply a silver glitter liner close to your upper lash line and wing it out. Put some loose silver glitter on top of this line
- Create an even smaler line with a black liquid liner and wing it out twice, like it shows in the photo.
- In the little gap between the two black, winged out lines, apply a white base. Set this with a white eyeshadow.
- Fill in your upper – and lower waterline with a black eye pencil and set it with a black eyeshadow.
- Smudge some black along your lower lashline.
- Apply mascara and false lashes and your eyes are done
- Remove any glitter fallouts from your face with tape and makeup remover.
- Apply primer, foundation and powder to the rest of your face.
- Use a matte rosy pink blush and a matte highlight.
- Contour your face
- For the lips, you can start by outlining them with a red lip pencil and also fill them in with this pencil
- Apply a red lipstick in the same color as the lip pencil
- To make them look sharp and perfect, go over the edges of your lips, with a concealer.
- You’re done! 😀
The contest is up for one more day, so if you want to enter, go to www.makeuptalk.com. The prizes are some absolutely gorgeous Sugarpill makeup! 😉
Hope you liked my look! ^^