Hi lovelies! ❤
This will be a review on 14 of Makeup Geek’s pigments! I’ll tell you my thoughts on these and show you some swatches! 😀
- Blitz is a medium, redish brown with tiny, lighter brown/coppery sparkles in it.
- Utopia is my favorite out of these pigments! It’s hard to describe the color of this one, but I would say it’s a glittery brown gold; a brown and gold duochrome. It is so intense and gorgeous! You can’t apply this on it’s own, cuz there will be fall out everywhere. So use a glitter glue before applying it or mix it with a mixing medium. In the picture, I’ve mixed it with the Illamasqua sealing gel. I know Inglot and Elf has mixing mediums as well and you can also use MAC Fix+.
- Vegas Lights is my second favorite out of the bunch! This is the perfect, vibrant copper shade! In the picture I’ve swatched it dry, but this one will also look amazing when mixed with a mixing medium, (check out the Pocahontas look below, where I’ve used it wet, as a liner). It reminds me of a copper glitter that I have, so this is a shadow that is just as intense as a glitter! Amazing!
- Liquid Gold is a super stunning, metallic gold shadow! When I look at it I think of old aztec gold. It has a green undertone which I think makes it perfect for an Egyptian or Arabic makeup look! This pigment is also beautiful when used wet, so definitely experiment a bit with these pigments to see if you like them best wet or dry!
- Paparazzi is a dark, smokey grey with lots of silver sparkles.
- Birthday Wish is a beautiful peachy brown with tiny flecks of gold in it.
- Kryptonite is a dark moss green, metallic shade, with gold sparkles.
- Insomnia is a very unique shade! It’s a blue and brown duochrome. Normally it looks brown, but when the sun hits it, you can see a gorgeous blue sheen!
- Prince Charming is a metallic, shimmery grey shade, with a cold blue undertone.
- Nightlife is a rose gold, brown shadow with tiny copper and gold sparkles in it.
- Enchanted is a very pretty, dark plum eyeshadow with light pink sparkles.
- New Years Eve is a peachy nude with lots of gold glitters. It is the one that makes the most glittery fallout, but applied carefully, it will look gorgeous on the lid or as an inner corner highlight.
- Sweet Dreams is a pinkish nude color, with slight shimmer to it. I would use this on the lid, for an everyday look.
- Afterglow is a gorgeous champagne shade! It is similar to Sweet Dreams, but a lot more shimmery. So I would use Sweet Dreams on the lid for a daytime look and then pack this shade on top to make it into a night-time look! 😉
Some of my looks using these pigments:
In this Peacock look, I used Nightlife wet, to draw the brown parts of the “feathers”.
Here I used Enchanted wet, as a liner. I also mixed in a tiny bit of a brighter pink.
In this Pocahontas inspired look, I’m using Vegas Lights as a liner.
In this look, I’m using Liquid Gold at the inner part of the lid and the lower lash line.
On the lid here, I’ve used Afterglow. Look at that shine! 😀
In this look I’ve used Paparazzi all over the lid and Utopia to the center of the lid. At the inner corner of the eye, I’ve used Afterglow.
My overall thoughts on these pigments, is that they are so silky smooth (the softest pigments I’ve tried), easy to apply, and super pigmented! They look amazing both dry and wet, and I love using a lot of them wet, to create vibrant liners. ❤
It’s a bit messy to open and close the jars because they don’t have a sifter. But Marlena, the owner, has said that they are planning on adding sifters! 😀 You can also buy sifters on their website, to add to these jars! Also, New Years Eve and Utopia (dry) will give you some fall out, but the rest of them wont! But with all pigments and loose shadows, you should tap off the excess of your brush and pack the color on carefully, to avoid fall out!
The pigments are cuelty free, talc free and made in USA. Each pigment contains 1,4g/ 0,05oz of product and costs $6,99. I think that is a good price for the amazing quality of these shadows! 🙂 Makeup Geek ships worldwide and you can get their pigments, HERE 😀
I hope this review was helpful to you! ❤